Q: WHY JOIN THE NEVADA FACULTY ALLIANCE?
A: NFA IS THE ONLY ORGANIZATION LOOKING OUT FOR NEVADA FACULTY!
1. The NFA protects academic freedom.
2. The NFA advocates for faculty to the administration.
3. The NFA provides a voice for faculty and higher education in the Nevada Legislature.
4. The NFA is an advocate and watchdog for decent faculty salary and benefits and, for several years, has had an NFA member on the PEBP Board.
5. The NFA provides legal advice and representation for members.
6. The NFA was directly involved in originally establishing the NSHE merit pool, and competitive salaries for faculty.
7. The NFA is the Nevada affiliate of the American Association of University Professors, the longest existing national organization advocating for faculty.
8. NFA members receive the AAUP publication ACADEME, and the NFA publication ALLIANCE that keeps members up to date on national and state faculty employment issues.
9. NFA-UNLV has a track record of success.
10. NFA-UNLV needs your support to grow stronger.
For more information, contact:
John Farley, NFA-UNLV President
or see: nevadafacultyalliance.org